Your Path to a Bright Financial Future Begins Here!
As a valued member of Greater Chautauqua FCU, we care about your financial health and have partnered with GreenPath Financial Wellness . As a benefit of your membership, you have FREE access to one-on-one financial counseling, debt management services, and financial education tools.
GreenPath is a national non-profit and has been assisting individuals across the country since 1961 and will work with you to provide the best possible options based on your individual financial situation.
As a GCFCU Member you can enjoy unlimited access to financial counselors receive FREE assistance with:
- Financial Counseling You have access to free, one-on-one financial counseling and debt counseling delivered by caring, certified experts. They’ll help you to understand your situation, learn about options, and make a plan to meet your goals.
- Debt Management Services If you have high-interest credit card debt, a GreenPath debt management plan may be able to help lower your interest rates so you can pay off debt faster.
- Housing Services Take advantage of foreclosure prevention services, home buyer preparation assistance, and reverse mortgage counseling.
- Credit Report Review Understand your personal credit report and how to improve your score.
- Student Loan Counseling Understand repayment options that can postpone or lower your payments. Learn the pros and cons of each strategy so you can make an informed decision on which is best for you.
GreenPath Counselors are NFCC-Certified, giving personalized answers to your individual needs by helping you access the resources and experiences to make informed financial decisions. Issues ranging from setting a proactive savings plan to saving a home from foreclosure, find your path to a bright financial future by calling (877) 337-3399.
It’s free, no-pressure, and 100% confidential.
Want them to call you instead? Request a call from a GreenPath counselor today!
GreenPath Telephone Counseling Hours:
- Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. Eastern
- Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Eastern
- Saturday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Eastern
Take advantage of these resources...
Learn how to manage your checking account. Greater Chautauqua is pleased to introduce our latest financial education tool called CheckRight. CheckRight is a web-based checking account management education module designed to teach you how to manage a checking account. CheckRight is a great tool if you are looking to open a checking account for the first time or you have had difficulty handling an account in the past. Among other things, CheckRight will help you learn how to:
- Open an account
- Write checks
- Make deposits
- Maintain a check register
- Reconcile an account
- Create a spending plan
Free Budgeting Software BudgetSmart is a new and exciting software program exclusive to Greater Chautauqua FCU. This easy-to-use software tool uses simple graphics, "pop-up" boxes and bar charts to help you manage money more effectively. You can use the program to:
- Establish a budget
- Track spending
- View tips for improving areas of overspending (or inadequate saving)
- Experiment with "what if" senerios to determine how a major purchase or change in income would impact your budget
To get a copy of BudgetSmart, click the link to the left and follow the steps to download the software to your computer. The required institution code and password will be pre-filled for your convenience, if there is an issue, please contact our financial solutions officer at (716) 665-3799.
Financial education website GreenPath University exists to provide visitors with a high-quality, user-friendly, financial education website. The content on this site has been specifically chosen by GreenPath financial counselors to ensure you have access to the most up-to-date money management resources in the industry – where and when you need it.
Free weekly webinars GreenPath University also provides free weekly webinars every Wednesday. Topics consist of understanding your credit report, protecting your identity, financial literacy training, and much more. Click on the link to the left to register for an upcoming webinar, or to view previous videos in their archives.